From Rodents to large animals imaging
MRS-3000 series are 3T Benchtop MRI system available in two bore size: 17 cm and 24cm. The system is specifically designed for rodents and large animals molecular imaging studies, in-vivo and/or ex-vivo applications. The system is provided with Powerscan software permitting access to all functions of the system for experienced users.
The MRI is a rampable magnet and can be optionally set up to 3 additional fields strength. MRS 3000 series MRI can be configured with high gradient strength, and advanced coils such as multinuclear, phased array etc…
MR Solutions MRI’s are based on the revolutionary and advanced cryogen-free superconducting magnet technology. It can be accessorized with PET and SPECT modules from MR SOLUTIONS for simultaneous and/or sequential multimodality imaging.
The revolutionary MRS 3000 requires NO LIQUID HELIUM, Dry Magnets.
- Superior soft tissue contrast and molecular imaging capability for great visualization, quantification and translational studies
- High spatial resolution for great visualization and quantification
- Superior field homogeneity, minimal noise and no temperature drift
- Easy translational research with variable field strengths of 0.1T – 3.0T
- Complete animal handling solution
- Compact with almost no fringe field
- Dry magnet, no liquid Helium required
- Multi-modality imaging; it can be installed in close proximity to other imaging modalities such as SPECT, PET, etc.
- Available in 17cm or 24cm bore sizes enabling studies with a variety of animal models, e.g. mice, rats, guinea pigs, rabbits, small monkey families and more.
|MRS 3017||MRS 3024|
|Animal Models:||Mice, rats and marmosets||Mice, rats, rabbits, and NHP|
|Field Strength:||0T – 3.0T (rampable)||0T – 3.0T (rampable)|
|Magnet:||Cryogen free Superconducting magnet|
|F.O.V:||Elliptical: 100mm x 70mm||Elliptical: 135mm x 98mm|
|Homogeneity:||Over 30mm +/- 0.2ppm,
Over 70mm DSV +/- 1ppm
|Over 42mm DSV +/- 0.2ppm,
Over 84mm DSV +/- 1ppm
|Dimensions: (Including Stand)||88cm Long x 75cm Wide x
|100cm Long x 84cm Wide x
|Site Requirements:||Plug and Play System – No special room construction|
|Integral RF Shield:||Yes||Yes|
|Integral Animal Bed:||Yes||Yes|
- Brain imaging
- Organ imaging
- Tumor assessment
- Disease progression assessment
- Functional imaging
- Investigating new contrast mechanisms and agents
- Monitoring gene expression
- Analyzing protein interactions
- Determining pharmacokinetics
The MRS systems are used worldwide by leading institutions for a wide range of life sciences research applications including, functional, molecular, anatomical and multi-modality imaging.
- No special site requirements for the MRS systems.
- Compact with a small footprint design that can be placed side-by-side with other imaging modalities.
MRS systems use Minerve animal handling system. Much more than a simple animal bed for preclinical imagers, the Minerve system provides a well-controlled environment for handling lab animals and plays a critical role in obtaining accurate, reproducible imaging results, while also maintaining each animal’s health and the safety of the surrounding lab environment.
The technology solution is pioneered by MR Solutions and its magnet partner.
- Revolutionary magnet design and incorporating new superconducting wire there is no need for the expensive and cumbersome liquid helium cooling equipment
- Standard low temperature cryo-cooler (fridge) to the required 4 degrees Kelvin (minus 269 degrees C) – needed to achieve superconductivity
- No Liquid helium cooling equipment is required
Stray Magnetic Field
The stray magnetic field is only a few centimetres. The elimination of the helium cooling system has allowed the optimum installation of an additional solenoid, which counters the stray magnetic field.