Translational, Cryogen-free, preclinical MRI – MRS 4000TM Series
The revolutionary MRS 4000 preclinical MRI systems are leading edge, cost-effective translational preclinical MRI instruments, providing superior soft tissue contrast and molecular imaging capability. The cryogen-free superconducting, dry magnets offer variable field strengths from 0.1T to 4.7T and have almost no fringe field, allowing safe use in any facility or existing laboratory and by any operator, with low running costs and no special site requirements. The MRS MRI systems require NO LIQUID HELIUM, Dry Magnets.
The MRS 4000 series MRI systems are designed to complement and enable multi-modality imaging. Delivering powerful performance and ease-of-use. The systems are compact with a small footprint design that can be placed in close proximity to other imaging modalities.
- Superior soft tissue contrast and molecular imaging capability for great visualization, quantification and translational studies
- High spatial resolution for great visualization and quantification
- Superior field homogeneity, minimal noise and no temperature drift
- Easy translational research with variable field strengths of 0.1T – 3.0T
- Complete animal handling solution
- Compact with almost no fringe field
- Dry magnet, no liquid Helium required
- Multi-modality imaging; it can be installed in close proximity to other imaging modalities such as SPECT, PET, etc.
- Available in 17cm bore size enabling studies with a variety of animal models, e.g. mice, rats, marmosets and more.
|Animal Models:||Mice, rats and marmosets|
|Field Strength:||0T – 4.7T (rampable)|
|Magnet:||Cryogen free Superconducting magnet|
|F.O.V:||Elliptical: 100mm x 70mm|
|Homogeneity:||Over 30 mm +/- 0.1ppm,
Over 70mm DSV +/- 1ppm
|Dimensions: (Including Stand)||88cm Long x 80cm Wide x 141cm High|
|Site Requirements:||Plug and Play System – No special room construction|
|Integral RF Shield:||Yes|
|Gradient Strength:||X – 486 mT/m
Y – 470 mT/m
Z – 530 mT/m
|Phased Array Coils:||Yes|
|Integral Animal Bed:||Yes|
|RX Channels:||2 to 16|
|TX Channels:||1 or 2|
View a detailed list of available Pulse Sequence Library including:
- 2D, 3D GRE and SE
- 2D, 3D FSE
- Steady state CRE
- Inversion recovery
- Pre saturation and MTC imaging
- Multi angle oblique imaging
- Multiple echoes
- Diffusion weighted imaging
- Diffusion tensor imaging
- 2D, 3D angiography
- In vivo spectroscopy
- Brain imaging
- Organ imaging
- Tumor assessment
- Disease progression assessment
- Functional imaging
- Investigating new contrast mechanisms and agents
- Monitoring gene expression
- Analyzing protein interactions
- Determining pharmacokinetics
The MRS systems are used worldwide by leading institutions for a wide range of life sciences research applications including, functional, molecular, anatomical and multi-modality imaging.
- No special site requirements for the MRS systems.
- Compact with a small footprint design that can be placed side-by-side with other imaging modalities.
MRS systems use Minerve animal handling system. Much more than a simple animal bed for preclinical imagers, the Minerve system provides a well-controlled environment for handling lab animals and plays a critical role in obtaining accurate, reproducible imaging results, while also maintaining each animal’s health and the safety of the surrounding lab environment.
The technology solution is pioneered by MR Solutions and its magnet partner.
- Revolutionary magnet design and incorporating new superconducting wire there is no need for the expensive and cumbersome liquid helium cooling equipment
- Standard low temperature cryo-cooler (fridge) to the required 4 degrees Kelvin (minus 269 degrees C) – needed to achieve superconductivity
- No Liquid helium cooling equipment is required
Stray Magnetic Field
The stray magnetic field is only a few centimetres. The elimination of the helium cooling system has allowed the optimum installation of an additional solenoid, which counters the stray magnetic field.