Cryogen-Free 7T preclinical MRI – MRS 7000TM Series
The revolutionary MRS 7000 preclinical MRI systems are leading edge, cost-effective translational preclinical MRI instruments, providing superior soft tissue contrast and molecular imaging capability. The very compact MRS 7000 Series is almost identical in size to our revolutionary MRS 3000 Series systems, offering variable field strengths of 0.1T to 7.0T.
The cryogen-free superconducting magnets have almost no fringe field, allowing for safe use in any facility or existing laboratory and by any operator, with low running costs and no special site requirements.
The MRS 7000 MRI systems require NO LIQUID HELIUM. (Dry Magnet) The MRS 7000 series MRI systems are designed to complement and enable multi-modality imaging. Delivering powerful performance and ease-of-use. The systems are compact with a small footprint design that can be placed in close proximity to other imaging modalities.
- Superior soft tissue contrast and molecular imaging capability for great visualization, quantification and translational studies
- High spatial resolution for great visualization and quantification
- Superior field homogeneity, minimal noise and no temperature drift
- Variable field strength of .01T to 7.0T
- Complete animal handling solution
- Compact with almost no fringe field
- Multi-modality imaging; it can be installed in close proximity to other imaging modalities such as SPECT, PET, etc.
- Available in 17cm & 24cm bore sizes, enabling studies with variety of animal modals, e.g. mice, rats and more.
|MRS 7017||MRS 7024|
|Animal Models:||Mice, rats and marmosets||Mice, rats and rabbits|
|Field Strength:||0.1T – 7.0T (rampable)||0.1T – 7.0T (rampable)|
|Magnet:||Cryogen free Superconducting magnet|
|F.O.V:||Elliptical: 110mm x 70mm||Elliptical: 154mm x 98mm|
|Homogeneity:||Over 30mm DSV +/- 0.1ppm, Over 60mm DSV +/- 1ppm||Over 42mm DSV +/- 0.1ppm, Over 84mm DSV +/- 1ppm|
|Dimensions:(Including Stand)||88cm Long x 82cm Wide x 138cm High||90cm Long x 85cm Wide x 140cm High|
|Site Requirements:||Plug and Play System – No special room construction|
|Integral RF Shield:||Yes||Yes|
|Gradient Strength:||X – 486 mT/m
Y – 470 mT/m
Z – 530 mT/m
|X – 344 mT/m
Y – 332 mT/m
Z – 375 mT/m
|Phased Array Coils:||Yes||Yes|
|Integral Animal Bed:||Yes||Yes|
|RX Channels:||4 to 16 (Optional RX channels in blocks of 4)||4 to 16 (Optional RX channels in blocks of 4)|
View a detailed list of available Pulse Sequence Library including:
- 2D, 3D GRE and SE
- 2D, 3D FSE
- Steady state CRE
- Inversion recovery
- Pre saturation and MTC imaging
- Multi angle oblique imaging
- Multiple echoes
- Diffusion weighted imaging
- Diffusion tensor imaging
- 2D, 3D angiography
- In vivo spectroscopy
Like other preclinical modalities, MRI can monitor in vivo biological variables noninvasively, and serially track the progression of a disease or intervention in the same living animal, thus improving a study’s biological and translational relevance. MRI is without parallel in providing detailed anatomical and morphological data, for soft tissue structures. Learn more about the various applications including:
- Brain imaging
- Organ imaging
- Tumor assessment
- Disease progression assessment
- Functional imaging
- Investigating new contrast mechanisms and agents
- Monitoring gene expression
- Analyzing protein interactions
- Determining pharmacokinetics
The MRS systems are used worldwide by leading institutions for a wide range of life sciences research applications including, functional, molecular, anatomical and multi-modality imaging.
- No special site requirements for the MRS systems.
- Compact with a small footprint design and can be placed side-by-side with other imaging modalities.
MRS systems use Minerve animal handling system. Much more than a simple animal bed for preclinical imagers, the Minerve system provides a well-controlled environment for handling lab animals and plays a critical role in obtaining accurate, reproducible imaging results, while also maintaining each animal’s health and the safety of the surrounding lab environment.
The technology solution is pioneered by MR SOLUTIONS and its magnet partners.
- Revolutionary magnet design there is no need for the expensive and cumbersome liquid helium cooling equipment.
- Standard fridge cools solely using a standard low temperature cryo-cooler (fridge) to the required 4 degrees Kelvin (minus 269 degrees C) – needed to achieve superconductivity.