Translational, Pre-clinical, Cryogen Free MRI
Our revolutionary MRS preclinical MRI systems are leading edge, cost-effective, translational pre-clinical MRI systems, providing superior soft tissue contrast and molecular imaging capability.
The cryogen-free superconducting MRI systems have almost no fringe field, allowing for safe use in any facility or existing laboratory and by any operator, with low running costs and no special site requirements.
The MRS MRI systems are designed to complement and enable multi-modality imaging. Delivering powerful performance, ease-of-use and are compact with a small footprint design that can be placed within 1-2m of another imaging modality.
The MRS MRI systems are used for a broad-spectrum of life sciences research applications including, anatomical, functional, molecular and multi-modality imaging.
Features & Benefits:
- Superior soft tissue contrast and molecular imaging capability for great visualization, quantification and translational studies
- High spatial resolution for great visualization and quantification
- Compact with almost no fringe field, can be placed within 1-2m of other imaging modalities
- Superior field homogeneity, minimal noise and no temperature drift
- Easy translational research with clinical field strengths of 0.1T - 3.0T
- Complete animal handling solution using Minerve animal beds
- Multi-modality imaging it can be installed in close proximity to other imaging modalities such as SPECT, PET, etc.
- Pre-Clinical Easyscan software enables use by non-expert technicians for standard pulse sequences with automatic operation
- Optional Powerscan software enables advanced users to explore the MRS system, including pulse sequence programming, acquisition mode scripting, customizable reconstruction processing, etc.
- Research applications include: Full body imaging, brain imaging, organ imaging, tumor assessment, disease progression monitoring, gene expression, protein interaction analysis and drug development
How the technology works:
- By using a revolutionary magnet design incorporating new superconducting wire there is no need for the expensive and cumbersome liquid helium cooling equipment. The magnet is cooled solely using a standard low temperature cryo-cooler (fridge) to the required 4 degrees Kelvin (minus 269 degrees C) – needed to achieve superconductivity.
The technology solution is pioneered by MR Solutions and its’ magnet partner.
- The stray magnetic field is only a few centimeters. The elimination of the helium cooling system has allowed the optimum installation of an additional solenoid, which counters the stray magnetic field.
The sequences library includes:
- 2D, 3D GRE and SE
- 2D, 3D FSE
- Steady state CRE
- Inversion recovery
- Pre saturation and MTC imaging
- Multi angle oblique imaging
- Multiple echoes
- Diffusion weighted imaging
- Diffusion tensor imaging
- 2D, 3D angiography
- In vivo spectroscopy
Magnet type: Cryogen-free
Field strength: 0.1 - 3.0T
FOV: 70mm DSV
Clear bore diameter: 160mm (also available 310mm)
Integral rf shield: Yes
Gradient strength: 600mT/m
Head coils: Yes
Volume coils: Yes
Phased array coils: Yes
Integral animal bed: Yes
RX channels: 2 to 16
TX channels: 1 or 2
The new range of systems has bore sizes 16cm and 31cm, and are able to scan small to large sized animals modals.
Images supplied courtesy of: Prof Brunotte: FCS,Foundation de Cooperation Scientifique du PRES Bourgogne, France-Comte, Centre George- Francois Leclerc, Oncodesign, CNRS Dijon, This work received support form the French Govenment managed by the French National Research Agency under the program '' Investissements d'Avenir with reference ANR-10-EQPX-05